We all started playing daily fantasy sports at DraftKings for the same reason. We love sports, but even more so, we love winning. DraftKings provides a unique opportunity to become a part of the professional sports contests that we grew up watching. We stay up late at night reading the player news, looking for the best possible lineup combination because suddenly the everyday game has become a bit bigger. There’s something at stake, we bought into this with our hard earned money for the chance to win big. If you’re anything like me, you’re willing to put in some time and effort on the research end to ensure the best possible outcome every time you set your lineup. It’s a weird phenomenon, all of a sudden putting in hard work becomes a hell of a lot of fun. There are a few tips you can use to optimize your lineup each week:
- Use excel to track your lineups from week to week. Setting a lineup is like any other task. If you closely monitor it you can improve upon your performance over time. Take notes on your lineups, then go back over those notes and see what worked best for you. You will be surprised how easy it is to pull out successful and unsuccessful trends.
- Check for injury updates before each game. This may seem like a no brainer, but people are busy and occasionally forget to do this. You want to take advantage of anything that could potentially give you the upper hand over opponents, this is an easy place to start.
- Monitor daily fantasy sports forums. You will find a lot of other DraftKings players posting their lineups and giving you some insight to their strategy. If you’re a new player, you’re going to want to pull bits and pieces of other players’ strategies and apply them to your own.
- If you’re just getting started, play the free rolls and 20/20’s. These contests have relatively low entry fees. Get a feel for the style of play at DraftKings in these contests, then jump into the higher stakes contests when your comfortable.
- Utilize the playbook on the DraftKings website. There are all sorts of tools to help you analyze upcoming match ups. There are a lot of websites out there that offer lineup tips, cheat sheets and insider advice from daily fantasy sports experts. Take advantage of these, the information is free and available to everyone, but not everyone has the time and patience to study it as diligently as you do.
These tips are just a jumping off point. Once you’ve played in a few contests you’ll find out the strategies that work best for you. Take what works and run with it. If you haven’t signed up to play yet, DraftKings is still offering a DraftKings free entry promo code for new users. If you take nothing else away from this article, make sure to use the promo code. The first step towards being a more profitable DFS player is cutting costs, and free entry to your first contest is an easy way to do it. Start by picking the low hanging fruit, and in a matter of time the big winnings will come.